Message from Owen Morrison and Anna Patton:
This online concert will fill your heart with music and bring dance to your feet, with mostly waltz and a couple other dance tunes. Grab a house mate or broom, swirl about solo or just sit back and enjoy as the music carries you away.
Owen Morrison and Anna Patton have been playing together for more than 15 years as members of Elixir, The Figments and other combinations. Anna is beloved for her soulful clarinet playing and masterful improvisation. Owen’s guitar playing is best known for it’s powerful and danceable rhythm, but his fluid flat-picking has attracted a growing fan base as well. Anna and Owen have recorded several projects together including three albums with Elixir and, most recently, a collection of 14 waltzes composed by Owen. The duo will perform some waltzes from that album, “Daybreak,” and many other favorites from their years of collaborating.
The Zoom will open 15 min early to get everyone on Zoom, learn how to use the features, and say hello! 12:45pm PDT (3:45pm EDT)
Owen & Anna will play 2 sets, with a short break between for folks to say hello! We will stick around after, if anyone wants to chat some more.
***We might even get to meet Owen’s baby, Elliot.
All donations benefit the musicians. They will split all receipts, so you can donate once, not to both links.
Have you tried dancing on Zoom? One of the BEST things is that it allows everyone to interact in their own way. You can “PIN” anyone’s video and dance while looking at their video. Even better, you can arrange (via Chat) to PIN videos with a friend. The best part is that you don’t know when you’re PIN’d and there’s no limit, so it’s totally inclusive.
You can also dance at home, or enjoy watching all the dancing, or just listen and be transformed by the music.
We have the extra capacity Zoom meeting, so invite your friends across the world. We are looking forward to seeing folks from the Bay Area, all across the country to the DC area and Vermont.
For your safety, if you want to dance at home: Please clear a space, consider wearing shoes if you’re used to dancing in shoes, stay hydrated, go easy if you haven’t been dancing regularly.
Join Zoom Meetinghttps://zoom.us/j/95861637775?pwd=NWFOS1pUNHVFQWhwRDdBa0hoNzc4QT09
Meeting ID: 958 6163 7775Password: 010064One tap mobile+16699006833,,95861637775#,,1#,010064# US (San Jose)
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ad1OR2j8ip
* Install & test Zoom before the event. Test your mic and speaker.
* Please MUTE yourself unless you are talking during the chat times.
* If you have issues with internet, you can turn OFF your video and that might help.
* If there is a HUGE turnout, we may ask folks to turn off all video & mute so the music can be more clear.
* Video options (top R of PC screen): Speaker view (puts the musicians center screen) or Gallery view (lets you scroll through pages of participants).
* You can also “PIN” any video and it will stay centered. You can PIN anyone and they won’t know, and any number can PIN the same person. You can also “CHAT” with a friend and PIN each other’s videos to “dance together” To PIN a video on a PC, hover over the video and click on the 3 dots in the corner. Select “PIN video”. You can also go to “Participants list” and find someone by name, then click on them and PIN should be an option.
* iOS and Android devices have different options. It may work on a phone to double tap the video you want to PIN.
We hope to make this an on-going event. We would love to see you there!
Note: Join the meeting at 3:45 to forestall any problems with Zoom. Music will start at 4:00.