All about Waltz Time
Waltz Time is an all-volunteer group of dancers who have produced the twice-monthly waltzes at Glen Echo Park since
1995. The group has donated all net proceeds to the renovation of the Spanish Ballroom and the Bumper Car Pavilion, and
to help continue Park programs. Glen Echo Park is located at 7300 MacArthur Blvd., Glen Echo, MD 20812. You can visit the
Glen Echo Park Partnership's website to learn more about the Park programs and other
special events. Please visit their site for directions to the Park.
We invite you to join the lively community of waltzers and enjoy the afternoon dances that we voluntarily produce and
manage at the Park. We know that you will have a great time!
For more than a decade, Waltz Time dances at Glen Echo Park have been one of the most popular Sunday afternoon activities.
The group also produces other waltz events throughout the year in addition to the Sunday waltzes. Our events welcome all dancers,
new and experienced. Aside from the simple pleasure of dancing, this program:
- provides waltz instruction prior to each dance;
- brings together dancers of all age groups;
- is affordable for whole families;
- sponsors the annual Evening with Strauss, a Saturday evening Viennese Waltz extravaganza;
- hosts special weekend classes and other special Sunday afternoon pre-dance workshops;
- provides an afternoon activity that fits the schedule of many working families; and
- has encouraged the growth of many talented waltz dance bands.
The waltz dances usually occur twice each month, often the first and third Sundays. Each afternoon features a pre-dance
introductory lesson from 2:45 - 3:30 pm, followed by waltzing to live music from 3:30 - 6:00 pm. Many different ensembles are
scheduled throughout the year, offering an eclectic mix of waltz repertoire and styles. Included in the day of waltzing are
always a few other couples dances, including swing/lindy, tango, hambo, polka, zwiefacher, schottische, and foxtrot.
To contact us:
Updated January 2022